Project Run and Play, Final 5!

Oh my goodness!!! I am in the final 5 at Project Run and Play!!! I am very excited to have been chosen with all the stiff competition out there (and I know that they couldn’t choose everyone, but I was so surprise by some of the awesome looks that didn’t make the final 5 so go look at the flickr group and see some of the great looks that couldn’t be chosen!)

Anyway you have until Sunday night to choose your favorite look, so please head on over to Project Run and Play and show the designers some love since they (we!) have all worked so hard on our outfits no matter who wins!

Voting is on the left hand side of the page, and you can only vote once per router or computer I think (not sure which one, but people are asking about why they can’t vote in project run and play’s comments, and I am pretty sure that is why.)

And as a reminder, here is my look……..

Thanks so much for your kind thoughts and comments on my look, I appreciate it very much!!!

14 comments for “Project Run and Play, Final 5!

1. February 18, 2012 at 12:13 am

Congrats on getting to the finals! All that hard work (and stress hehe) paid off 🙂
    Good luck!

2. February 18, 2012 at 2:10 am

I saw your raincoat on PR&P and thought, “Okay, this raincoat is amazing!”, but when I realized you made the umbrella, too, my jaw dropped to the floor. Awesome, awesome job! Congratulations on top 5!

3. jayne
    February 18, 2012 at 3:17 am

Awesome job! Can’t belive you made every single thing. Necklace was great and I loved the amount of detail and time you put into everything. Those details really stand out!

Good luck!

• February 18, 2012 at 11:25 pm

Thank you Jayne, I appreciate you taking the time to comment!

4. February 18, 2012 at 4:37 am

I voted for you! Congrats on getting into the final 5! ~Stephanie

• February 18, 2012 at 11:25 pm

Thank You very much for your vote! I loved your dress, the colors are wonderful!

5. February 18, 2012 at 10:12 am

I knew for sure that your look would make the top 5 !

6. Leslie
    February 19, 2012 at 6:22 pm

Just beautiful! I love these colours and the coat is superb. It’s nice to see something functional, and for older girls.

• February 20, 2012 at 8:45 am

Thank you very much! It’s very nice to hear that someone like to see stuff for older girls! I keep thinking I must be the only one out there with a big girl since most people seem to respond to the little girl stuff!

7. February 20, 2012 at 6:56 am

I just looked at the voting over at pr&p and I am completely baffled that you are not winning, yours is AMAZING! I had a complete brain freeze and thought the deadline was for Fri morning and didn’t get mine submitted. I was super sad until I realized I could just enter it in the open auditions. I have loved everything you have made throughout the sew along, are you putting something in for the open auditions? You would be a great contestant.

• February 20, 2012 at 8:55 am

Thank you! I think this is just not my day to win! (that’s okay, my kids being super happy with their clothes is awesome!) I am sorry you missed your chance, I’m sure you will do wonderfully well in the open auditions though since you did so well in the sew along!

I don’t think I am going to be doing the open auditions (at least not this go around as the actual competition will be going on right as I graduate college, put my house on the market, and then move with my Air Force Hunny.) I hate to guess at why I haven’t done very well with the sew along as far as the judging goes, because the winner’s work has been awesome, and mine must have just not what the judges were looking for, but I am a little worried that PR&P isn’t a good format for me because I think my kids might just be to old (they are only 9 and 11, say it isn’t so!!!) or that my aesthetic is not what the judges (or populous either for that matter!) are looking for, so I probably wouldn’t be able to go that far in the real competition either, which is okay, I love seeing what the designers do!