Hola Kids!

I am mostly writing about our adventures in Peru so my kids can keep up with what we are doing, so feel free to skip these posts!

Today as part of our Peruvian tour we went to Pisac and saw the ruins there (I ended up out of breath like woah, the altitude kicked my booty!)

and then we went to Ollantaytambo where they had the most amazing terracing I’ve ever seen, the scale was huge!

Every mountain around here had terracing, according to my art history book, terracing was partially to show mastery over the world to intimidate enemies (in addition to the whole gardening thing) and I can imagine it would have been quite intimidating to see in its hey day.

Next we went to Chinchero where I bought a really nice backstrap loom, woven scarf,

And then we headed for home at our hotel. Here’s our room on the inside,

The stones are the original Inca palace, which is pretty neat!

Tomorrow we are doing a city tour here in Cusco, and then Friday we start the trek up the Inca trail (which we have discovered is just the 4 of us in the group! We are pretty excited to be having a private tour without the expense of a private tour!)

I’ll see if I can write more tomorrow, after the city tour, please take care of Nana, (and especially Gramma) Isaac and Emmie!

Love you guys!

– Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Thanks for reading!

Catherine

6 comments for “Hola Kids!

1. May 18, 2012 at 9:12 am

Hey Mom! The inside of the room looks really cool! I am sorry the altitude killed you. It’s really sweet that you get a private tour of the Incan trail without the full price!
    Love You,
    Isaac

• May 18, 2012 at 7:20 pm

Hey buddy, we have been taking lots of pictures to share with you! (you will like the cuy post I just put up!) love you!

2. May 18, 2012 at 9:19 am

I miss you guyes. I wish I could face time with you,are you even able to do that?
    love,
    Emmie

• May 18, 2012 at 7:18 pm

Hey baby girl, we miss you too! We can’t FaceTime from here, but we can Skype, but we keep getting home too late to call you! For the next few days we will be gone on the inca trail, but after we get back we will try to call you! We love you!

3. May 18, 2012 at 10:03 am

NO WAY!!! I have just written two long comments to you and lost them BOTH!! I am going to have to work up the energy to write a THIRD time now… must go and get kids into bed for now…
    Love you so much. Safe and happy hiking
    Mom

• May 18, 2012 at 7:22 pm

Thank you mom! Sorry about your post! We are off today for our hike, and when we get back we will try to call you. Love you all.