Our Hotel in Cusco

The hotel we are staying at in Cusco is an old Incan palace that has been rebuilt into a hotel and is just stunning! It’s called the Unaytambo hotel, and we would honestly stay here again in a heartbeat! I don’t have any in room photos yet, but here is the courtyard,

The stone around the base is the original palace, and you can see the tower of the colonial cathedral above the roof tiles,

We are off to the Sacred Valley today, and will have some fun shopping there, and seeing the beautiful sights/sites.

– Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Thanks for reading!

Catherine

7 comments for “Our Hotel in Cusco

1. May 17, 2012 at 5:53 am

Hey, Mom! I am sorry you were stressed out yesteday, but I hope you are having a good time in Peru! Your loving son, Isaac

2. May 17, 2012 at 6:05 am

They should not be alloud to give away seats like that! Anyways, your hotel looks amazing mommy and daddy, I would love to stay there! I hope you like CusCo.
    XOXOXO,
    Emmie.

• May 17, 2012 at 6:16 am

Gramma did very well today – we tried to do activities that were not too strenuous but would still let us do some sight seeing. A vehicle tour of Monument Avenue, and then we went to the Virginia Museum of History and Art. Gramma M and Grandma W took turns in a wheelchair – especially loved the Fab. collection, the tapestries, and the Med. artwork. Modern art not so much.

We arrived home just as Emmie and Isaac got off the bus. Perfect timing.

Your hotel looks beautiful. What an amazing place!! Can’t wait to hear about your day out visiting the villages.

Lots of love,
      Mom

• May 17, 2012 at 1:17 pm

Thanks for taking such good care of everything! We love you!

• May 17, 2012 at 1:21 pm

For some reason I can’t reply directly to Emmie, but we miss you baby girl, and maybe we will have the chance to bring you someday!

3. January 2, 2013 at 3:13 pm

Yes, It looks lovely. Hotels in Cusco are really great. Hotels are full of all the luxurious facilities and offer excellent hospitality for their customers.