After scoring the paper, I accordion folded the paper, and bent it in half both ways. Next I used double sided tape to close the one side into a fan shape, and then the other.
Next I used a lighter and burned around all the edges of the circle, you just get it hot and blow on it a lot so nothing catches on fire (I did it over a sink to catch the soot, and have water near by. Finally, I added punched circles of card stock to the back with hot glue, sandwiching a piece of jute string in between.
For the front I took pictures of various hunting animals that I found online, printed them onto card stock, and then colored the pictures in. Then I stamped out the pictures, using the same scalloped circle punch (also Martha Stewart crafts) and then dipped the edges in glue and white glitter. I attached the front circle just like the back, with the jute string in between forming a hanging loop.
The finished ornaments were pennies a piece to make, but fill in a lot of space so that my garland and tree aren’t sitting bare! (the fact that they are light weight helps too!) Look! you can see my made-over tree pot! I know I am posting out of order, I just thought I would get this one up since the pictures came up first.
Since I don’t think it needs a post of it’s own, I’ll add a picture of my wreath too, I got this wreath at the flower market, it’s pretty already, I just needed to add the bling.
And I added a thrifted brass horn, (purchased before moving) teal and gold dyed pheasant feathers (that I got off of ebay before moving) more fans of sheet music, and a lovely Santa/Green Man head that I have had for years, (from Michael’s forever ago) and rescued off of a crushed looking wreath to add it here. The lights are battery operated ones that are on a self timer that I bought here at the Base Exchange.
I would love to know what you think about the ornaments, please share if you make anything similar!