Getting Caught Up!

Whewwwwww Guys! It has been a crazy ride around here!!! Project Run and Play just finished up and I came in second place! I cannot believe it, especially with how small my blog is; I have few but mighty followers (well few compared to big blogs!) and I offer a hearty congratulations to Max on her win! I am so thankful for all the sweet comments I have received, and I am going to try to go back and respond, but if I don’t have the time, just know I read every one, and you were all a fantastic support system!

So You Think You’re Crafty is still going on strong, in fact I haven’t linked up to this week yet even though it has already started!!! This week’s theme is Elegant, and I am pretty excited about what I made, so please hop on over and vote for your favorite! I was the Necklace last week, did you know it was me?
 I was really happy with how it turned out!
I am working like crazy now to finish my next project with RIT dye as the theme, so we will see if I stay this week to show it next week!
In the last couple of weeks I have had my 33rd birthday (which I sort of ignored because I was sewing like crazy) and then Valentine’s Day (which I sort of ignored because I was sewing like crazy) and then the kids got really sick, and I spent a weekend cuddling and kissing them better (they were still out of school yesterday.) AND today is Paul’s birthday, which I am NOT going to ignore. 🙂 The only request he made was another plaid wool vest like the one I made him 2 years ago, (since he wears it all the time) and with all the crazy I have had going on, I finally managed to finish it, and sew the buttons on last night.
I have some more wool to make him another one, since he wears them so much, I am just trying to get done with SYTYC first!
I would like to think I will get less busy as soon as the competitions are done, but instead I have just spent my time thinking about all the stuff I need to get done around here! I want to make pillows for my living room couch and chairs, I have 2 quilts for Isaac (his viking one, and the one for his bed) Isaac’s bed skirt, I need to organize my craft space better (I totally trashed it during the competitions)  I have a mile long list, that I’m hoping to get done, but I am most excited about my sister coming to visit me in March, so we’ll see how much gets done before then!
Anyway, that’s the update! Thanks again for all the votes you guys!!!

10 comments for “Getting Caught Up!

February 20, 2013 at 1:04 pm

I love all your projects. I’m a new reader and just started following your blog in the past couple weeks. I voted for you and was hoping you’d win. You have the best outfits and sewing work HANDS DOWN. I think it all comes down to who can rally the most votes. Kathy H

• February 20, 2013 at 1:22 pm

Thank You so much Kathy!! I am so glad you stopped by and decided to stay, I am so lucky with my great readers.

2. February 20, 2013 at 8:57 pm

Well your blog might be small (compared to others) but your talent is BIG. I love everything you make because the details and craftsmanship are so well-thought out. So many blogs have ‘easy’ project…yours is the opposite and I have been looking for that!

3. February 21, 2013 at 12:36 am

Congrats on your 2nd place win on PR&P season 6!!!
    And yes, I guessed that you made the necklace ~ so fun !
    Looking forward to what is to come, your RIT dye project & everything after that…

February 21, 2013 at 1:13 am

I’m so glad the necklace was your creation because it was the only red project I liked & I truely believe the outfits you created for Project Run and Play were the true winners! You continue to inspire me to want to create. Thanks for sharing your talents.

5. February 21, 2013 at 3:02 am

Congratulations on placing so well during PRaP. I just started following you and I love the quality of work. All the details and construction quality are amazing.

6. February 21, 2013 at 3:26 am

I hope you have a had a good nights sleep and relaxing hour or two since doing such an amazing job in PR&P! Your creations (for both competitions) have been truly amazing! Congratulations!

7. February 21, 2013 at 8:31 am

You are amazing! I voted for every one of your stunning outfits over at PRAP.
    I love that vest too! Did you draft your own pattern or did you use one as a base?
    Well done.
    ~Michelle

8. February 21, 2013 at 5:19 pm

So proud of you!!!!

9. February 22, 2013 at 5:43 am

Catherine—You are a crafting machine!
    liZ