I thickened my dyes with sodium alginate so that I could put a brown patterned base on all my quarters, and smear the other 12 dyes onto my fabric. There is an Asian doll theme to all of my screen prints, to match my Daughter’s room. The back of the quilt is a commercial cotton that I found in the same colors as my dyed fabrics. The whole quilt is randomly machine quilted with yellow thread on top, and fuchsia thread on the bottom. The quilt binding is more hand dyed fabric, pieced together in patches, and then the whole quilt was thrown in the washer and dryer to fluff it up. This quilt took FOREVER to finish, it was a several day process to dye and rinse the fabric, before we even talk about the piecing and the quilting (I’m not going to lie, I only finished it the day it was due.) But it was a totally satisfying project because I now have something really substantial that will be toted around all summer for picnics and reading on the grass, and the top is TOTALLY my own printed fabric!!!
I hope you like it too, as I would love your vote!!!!