Patio Furniture Revamp {the fabric}

So I am planning on redoing our patio furniture in the next few weeks (in preparation for warmer weather, please, oh please may it warm up!) And I am having a hard time deciding what fabrics I wanted to go with. (all of the fabrics came from fabric.com) Here’s the Patio set I have,
But it hasn’t had these cushions for a long time, I redid them in red ages ago, but they are sun faded now.
On one side, I’m thinking something pulled back, a hint of French Colonial with a twist of nautical. The pros of this are the blue matches what I have going on inside (you can see the patio through my major window) and I will probably not get tired of it very quickly. The cons are, I’m not really in love with any of these except the bird one, which I love.

scheme 2 is bright and poppy; the pros are I feel like they scream summer and color, a little bohemian and they aren’t too matchy patchy. The colors sort of work with my house in the sense that I have mustard, green and blue in my house, just not this brightly. The cons are they are really bright for what is going on in the rest of my house, and I worry about seeing them from the window.

The third scheme is the most fleshed out in terms of me liking all the fabrics together, and actually liking all the fabrics, but beige? I am not sure how I feel about my patio being this well BEIGE. The pros are I already have the fabric in the bottom right corner, so I would be buying less, and it has a cool traveled feel,plus the coffee table glass is a little amber/beige colored. The cons are, it’s BEIGE. and I think a little too grown up looking?
Paul is leaning towards the colorful scheme, but I can’t get the blue bird fabric out of my head, and The beige just feels safer…… Opinions anyone?

13 comments for “Patio Furniture Revamp {the fabric}

1. February 28, 2013 at 11:11 pm

I never thought to recover patio cushions… unfortunately I think mine are the kind that can’t be recovered 🙁
    color is always nice, but beige is so practical (hiding dirt), can’t wait to see what you end up doing 🙂

2. March 1, 2013 at 12:58 am

Iwould go bright! You are outside and it would be fun without being to overwhelming since you are not in a closed space, aka house. ~Major Moma

3. March 1, 2013 at 4:46 am

So sorry Cath – while the beige may be frugal since you already have some….and frugal is always good…that beige is just too boring for you! Your designs are WAY too creative and interesting to settle for Grandma’s Beige Setee. I LOVE the blue – all of them. Of course the bird is beautiful…but I really like the nautical map and the woven geometric too. The brights are fabulous too. Love the GOLD geometric and the stripe. A pop of color when looking out your window is what spring and summer are all about!

• March 1, 2013 at 4:47 am

PS: You’re an Air Force Family….Blue is in your veins! It’s the Army that plays in the beige dirt….

March 1, 2013 at 4:46 am

I like the bird fabric, and I like the idea of something bright. Is there any way to combine those, using the bird fabric as the inspiration and adding perhaps a seaglassy turquoise or a reddish hue?

March 1, 2013 at 7:48 am

I love the blue nautical pattern the best…I also think a touch of a contrasting fabric would be fun like the yellow. Do what you love best. Have fun.

6. March 1, 2013 at 7:50 am

I like the bright but I feel like the birds fit in better and I love them too. I think the dot fabric on the far right is lovely too. It would be fun to try a bright color with the birds though, if you could find something you liked with it. A red or green pop maybe?

7. March 1, 2013 at 11:56 am

Loved reading your blog! My interior design taste keeps changing, one minute I love modern, next minute I’ve purchased traditional pine wardrobes! I’m not sure I’ll ever make my mind up!

8. March 1, 2013 at 3:30 pm

NOT the beige. I think the bird or the bright. The beige is just not cheerful enough. I’m not really into the geometric shapes.

9. March 7, 2013 at 12:00 pm

Th bright fabric look livelier. They are perfect outdoors especially to those furniture pieces you have. Best of luck on the revamp.

10. Leslie
    March 11, 2013 at 6:46 pm

Bright! I’d much rather see that out the window! What sings to you?

11. March 16, 2013 at 7:27 pm

It is my great pleasure to visit your website and to enjoy your excellent post here. I like that very much. Office Furniture

12. March 20, 2013 at 3:47 am

Little details add up to the big picture. It can make or break the idea of a perfect redecoration – just like picking up colors and fabrics of the cushions. My wife is the one who usually bothers with these details, but I liked your ‘bright and poppy colors which screams summer’. I’ll suggest it to her. I think she’ll like it too!

Barrett Elmore