I do not think it means, what you think it means… {photo of the day}

S.Koreans really like Americanized things, so there’s a lot of English here on signs and clothes; but it rarely means exactly what it is supposed too. I have a sweatshirt that I bought here that says “Love means never having to say.” That’s it, I guess you literally NEVER have to say whatever it is; and I sent my sister a notebook that said “music soothes the savage breast” 🙂
 Here is a sign found in a local (to me) coffee shop…

You know I LOVE having some Scorn for Disert. (actually this coffee shop has the best hot chocolate)  And I am a little afraid of whatever a Mocha Burn is, it sounds painful!

Anywho – I’m on instagram now (well, I’ve been on it for a bit, I just had it set to private, and I recently decided to unlock it for public viewing) so if you would like to see some of the day to day pictures I have been taking here in Korea, they are over there, I’m cathgrace on instagram too!  I would love some followers over there, and although I don’t have a ton of pictures yet, I am going to try to keep up with it!

8 comments for “I do not think it means, what you think it means… {photo of the day}

1. March 4, 2013 at 1:42 am

Haha AMAZING. Also very much appreciating the Princess Bride quote 🙂 I’ve started following you instagram (teaandcaketime); looking forward to many more gems of mistranslation in future
    xx

2. Ann
    March 4, 2013 at 1:52 am

It actually *is* music [has charms to] soothe[s] the savage breast. It’s from Congreve (The Mourning Bride).

• March 4, 2013 at 8:55 am

Ha, ha! That’s so funny, I guess I’ve only ever heard the Americanized misquote to “beast!”

3. March 5, 2013 at 7:43 am

Found you on Instagram! (Just signed up myself last week.)

4. March 7, 2013 at 7:36 am

Personally, I’m a little afraid of the Tiramouse down there at the bottom…Does Korea have an FDA to check their ingredients? I guess it’s one way to control a rodent problem…:) My dad travels/lives internationally quite a bit and he loves finding these kinds of things.

• March 7, 2013 at 9:15 am

I didn’t even notice that one!

5. March 19, 2013 at 7:23 pm

Latest Stocks and Shares Rates, Exchange Rates of International Market News Updates, Brokers Directory, National News, Stock Markets, TopNews Arab Emirates, Dollar Exchange Rates, Current Exchange and More Forex Business Update News.
    latestfxmarket.com