Today I refinished a vintage knitting/sewing bag that I got a couple of years ago in the US, the original fabric was a quilted polyester in a country blue print.
I took the original bag apart and used it to make pattern pieces, for both the new outer fabric and the lining. For my new fabric, I used an antique grain sack I found on eBay, and for the lining I just used some Irish linen that I had in my stash.
I added some hand sewn details in blue embroidery floss, because I didn’t want any machine stitching showing, and I thought it would look more antique this way.
Now that I have my knitting basket in order, I can have my latest project near me, and maybe I’ll work on it more often!
– Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone